Sunday 4 March 2012

China Glaze Magnetix - Pull Me Close and Instant Chemistry swatches and review

So China Glaze is impressing me SO MUCH lately.  I love their colours, the formula, everything.  So when I heard they were jumping on the magnetic polish trend, I knew theirs would be my first ones.  I wasn't about to drop $18 on Nails Inc, so the $10 price tag for CG sounded a lot better.

Then I went to Sally Beauty.  I got them for $6 a piece PLUS the magnet was free!  Saved $24!  I am one happy camper, let me tell you.

I picked Instant Chemistry and Pull Me Close, and I think I might go back for another if I can't get my hands on the Icing Magnetics on today's mall trip.  I loved the colours and unlike other reviews, I liked the magnet.  My only complaint is that, as you'll see, my teeny pinky nails are too small for the starburst pattern.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some.



Onto the swatches!


Instant Chemistry - ONE COAT.
I wore this one for a full day to test the wear.  Now, manicures don't last long on me.  I pick at things constantly and I spend all day using my hands(I work at a skincare counter) stocking shelves, doing mini-facials, and playing in water, so I usually get no more than 3 days(though generally two) out of any manicure.

So, that said, I'm impressed.  As you'll see, I had a little bit of tip wear, and no chips.  I think that's pretty good, and I think anyone else would definitely get more wear out of these.





I LOVE the colour.  I think it flatters my skintone, which is often difficult(You can't tell in photos for whatever reason, but my skin leans both yellow AND pink depending on the day or what I wear, so colours can often make me look sick).   What do you guys think?

Pull Me Close - TWO COATS.
I just did a plain swatch of this one, and I found the results were a lot more dramatic than with Instant Chemistry.  I like that, because it means that I can go with a more subtle effect as well.

I used the starburst pattern with this one, and my pinky nail was too little so it was pretty blurry, but it looks fabulous on the other nails.  I think I would do the starburst on my middle finger and the stripes or chevrons on the others if I were to swatch it again.

I loved this colour too, though it might be a little bit cool-toned, all you warm-toned ladies like myself!  But still, it was really nice, and I loved how it looked seriously 3-D.





The flash photos give the best impression of how the pattern looked in person, but the natural light photos give the best colour representation.  I found the starburst to be crisp and beautiful on all my fingers but the pinky.

SO, what do you guys think of the China Glaze Magnetix collection?  Have you picked up any?  If so, which ones?

2 comments:

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...