Friday 9 November 2012

No H8


Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay.

Most of us are thankfully residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color and even to our polish application techniques.

 To look down on anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog. In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement.

 Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.
Fright Night Claw Polish - Voodoo 

With glitter accent nail

I can honestly say this is probably the 4 time I've tried to write this post and deleted it. In the end I decided not to fill up this post with my mistreating people is poopy rant. It's currently something I don't like talking about. It makes me VERY angry. And I don't want this to be an angry post. I will say this though I wish everyone could just be civil. Whether it be about nails or some other reason. And I will say this specifically about polish drama. It's nail polish. If you don't like something ignore it. Silly comments are pointless and a wast of time. For the most part we are all grown ups here. Go to Veronica over at Gorgeois to see other bloggers who are against hate and bullying (I can't add inlinkz to this page. It throws the layout outta wack and you should just read her post).

3 comments:

  1. Fright Night is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am loving this set of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fright Night Claw Polish - Voodoo is gorgeous! And it's beautiful also with glitter! :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...