Wednesday 9 January 2013

Wow Wow Nails: And now for something compleatly different.

Okay well sort of different.  It's still nail related.  And international readers don't let this post scare you off!

Have you ever thought to yourself "I wonder what Konad heaven would look like?"  Let's be honest you have.  Well I present to you Konad Heaven.  It's actually called Wow Wow Nails and is based in  T.Dot(Toronto).  They have 2 locations one in Downtown Toronto and a larger location waaaaay up north(Northern Toronto...not North Bay far).  "It's actually near Markham" said Google maps.  We have never been there but we would like to go there one day.  But it's kind of out of the way to just pop by.

Our first encounter with Wow Wow nails was just over a year and a half ago.  They had a booth and the CNE.  I manged to snag  China Glaze Medallion and Sea Spray.  Then I proceeded to forget the name so I had no clue how to find them.  A couple months later I was doing a show and I ended up walking past their downtown location.  Hallelujah

Wow Wow's thing is probably Konad.  You walk in and they literately have a wall of Konad plates, polishes and kits.  But that's not all!  They also sell OPI and China Glaze.  Not just that but one of the things I love about them is they have the stuff from older lines.  I know at one point they had the OMG China Glaze collection.  They also sell Nubar.  Yes physically sell it.  I have NEVER seen Nubar in a store.  Along with the polishes and Konad stuff they also have a slew of nail art equipment like brushes and nail art things like rhinestone and microbeads. And if you are looking for something specific don't be afraid to ask in person or via email.  They may have it at their other location.  You can also go on their website to shop.  They ship to Canada and internationally.  But if you are international you need to email them for more info on that.


 "Robyn, act casual for the photo."

And if you're there you can get your nails done(did)!  The offer the shellac service(which we plan on trying at some point soon) and nail art service.  They also have free demos.

I actually didn't even notice the poster on the wall till after I uploaded the photos.  Get your nails done AND get educated.  Is she laughing because of her results?  Either way I suggest all you ladies out there at least look into the Gardasil shot...What just happened to this post?

I should also point out something about Konad.  We were informed by Nina(lady who works there and had oodles of nail knowledge for us) that yes Konad plates are more expensive then say bundle monster($9.99CND) they do have their advantages.  The most noticeable one the details.  Some of the details on the Konad plates are so fine and intricate. We'll probably buy some in the near future and Robyn will review them and talk about them more as she is the stamper of the blog.

 Those dots are like pin pricks.

So anyways you should totally check out Wow Wow Nails especially if you are in Canada.  And no matter where you are you can still check out their website which I linked to up top, and you can also follow their blogger.

So question for every one.  Do you have place like Wow Wow Nails in your city/country?  I'm asking this because I've never seen a salon/store quite like this.

12 comments:

  1. WHAAAAAT!!!?? Why did you post this!!?? I'm freaking out because I live in Toronto and had no idea that this place existed. And maybe I was better off not knowing (you know for my wallet's sake). Of course now I'm curious so I'll have to go! ;)

    Also dangerous for your wallet, I found this place in the Path, you know the underground stores downtown, near Holt Renfrew Bay/Bloor. They have bins of OPI 2/$15. Also several bins of China Glaze and Colour Club, huge rack of Essie... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Totally check it out!

      OMG I think I know what store you are talking about! They also have Kleancolor and NYX Colour(but don't buy NYX there. Overpriced like whoa.) I only buy NYX color when I go to NYC for $2.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the advice! It's so cool to see other Toronto-based nail polish bloggers! :)

      Delete
  2. LOL actually I never had that thought - BUT I admit this is what it must look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *swoon* I had to zoom in on the Nubars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the most awesome place i have ever seen! died and gone to nail-heaven! And that's freaking cool that there is a nail art station! you should apply for a job :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow, this place is not too far from where I work! I'll definitely have to go stop by some time! Sometimes I'm able to find Nubars at a Winners. Not a huge selection, but it's pretty exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the few Canadian stores that sell Konad! :D Thanks for sharing, next time I'm in toronto I will be sure to drop into their store too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There really is a reason Konad is more expensive and it's in the details and intracacies of their designs. They actually translate to the nail and are perfection. I only own like one or two-but the ones I have are to die for. I would go nuts in that store-good thing I don't live there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should add that this girl KNOWS her stamping. So if she says they are to die for, they MUST be.

      Delete
  8. Woah, what an awesome store! You lucky ducky, to have one near you. :D I've never seen a store like this around here, unfortunately.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg! i live in WINDSOR ontario..gonna def plan to make a trip to Toronto soon..see a show..do some shopping and hit up this PLACE!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...