Wednesday 27 March 2013

Literary Lacquers - Woman of Pleasure and Zipless: This post features naughty words!

So today I have two more polishes from Literary Lacquers The Good Parts Collection Woman of Pleasure and Zipless.

First up I have Woman of Pleasure.  Inspired by Fanny Hill:  Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure By John Cleland.  Written in 1748 it was banned in the UK and US until 1963.   This is actually one of the books on the list I REALLY want.  It's a periwinkle crelly with matte pink and magenta glitter along with blue and lavender glitter.  I used 3 coats, but if you use slightly thicker coats you could get away with 2.  When I first saw this polish I knew I was going to like it but I didn't think I would like it as much as I did.  I love how it looks on me and I think it's great for the summer.




Flash! A-ha!

Next is Zipless.  Inspired by Fear of Flying by Erica Jong.  Amy of Literary Lacquers said this was inspired by the narrators search for what she calls a "zipless fuck".  According the the author "It is "zipless" because "when you came together, zippers fell away like rose petals, underwear blew off in one breath like dandelion fluff. For the true ultimate zipless A-1 fuck, it was necessary that you never got to know the man very well." So no strings attached boinking.  This polish is a red jelly with orange undertones, small red glitter and holographic gold glitter, as well as larger medium sized gold glitter.  I used 3 coats for this.  While I like the polish itself I don't think it looks good on me.  But anything with orange in it is generally a hit or miss for me.  So I decided it layer one coat over Cult nails Quench, a red crelly.  I think it looked much better on me.  Although some of the red glitter was hidden.


 The next two are with Cult Nail Quench as undies.


You can find these polishes and more over at Literary Lacquers Etsy shop here.   The polishes(15ml bottles) retail for $10USD.  And follow Literary Lacquers on facebook(And you should also check out their giveaway that's on right now!).  One more from Literary Lacquer tomorrow!

*Products were sent for honest review.

8 comments:

  1. Not so wild about either polish but your literary review inspired me to purchase th Story of O. I will be researching Fanny Hill.
    I adore the fact that you add educational value to your blogs. now I can tell my husband how truly important my nails are to my continued education!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so wild about either polish but your literary review inspired me to purchase th Story of O. I will be researching Fanny Hill.
    I adore the fact that you add educational value to your blogs. now I can tell my husband how truly important my nails are to my continued education!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how that periwinkle blue looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow, they are beautiful - two favorite colors both of them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the blue one, it's extremely pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, Zipless is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zipless is sooo pretty! I just love the look of those glitters peeking out from the red squishy jelly. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...