Monday 24 June 2013

Textured Chevrons

Initially, I wasn't too sure about this season's texture trend. While reading up on it, I came across a swatch of OPI Get Your Number with topcoat...well, that holo glitter got me! I later found it in a discount bin and decided to go for it. After playing with it a bit, I kinda started to like the texture. Of course, I couldn't have just a boring, lumpy mani...

Starting with a base of Hot Topic Finn on every nail, I stacked shaped manicure guides from Born Pretty Store onto my index and middle fingers to create the pattern. One coat of Get Your Number, remove guides, bam! Pretty neat way to work the texture trend.


I actually like these a lot!

These would also be really easy to do with scotch tape. I'd like to try this look again with a contrasting base, or a more wild design with striping tape.

Have any of you wonderful readers tried any textured polishes?

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I have my own nail polish line, and I have some textured holo polishes as well. I really like them because they're different than normal polishes. & if I ever want them to be smooth, I just add some top coat :)


    xo Maddy | spilledpolish
    ps. I'm holding a giveaway on my blog! Come check it out & enter - Chunky Glitter Earring Giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you did, and will definitely have to make something similar. I've made it without the guiding tape, but this looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw textured polishes, it was really like a love at first sight! :-) I have 6 Kiko textured polishes and 1 OPI textured polish - exactly this one that you showed us today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i love it! i'm a huge fan of textured polishes :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...