Saturday 14 February 2015

Indecisive Valentine

I AM WOUNDED!

What I thought was a crack in my polish, was actually a crack in my nails. It's been there for a few days but I only realised it was a crack today when it started to hurt. I fixed it with that Orly nail rescue, but I don't really like it because I feel I need to touch it up often. I usually like the teabag method, but for some reason my nail glue has been taking FOREVER to dry on the teabag.

Anyways let's talk Valentines day! Any one do/doing anything interesting? I don't celebrate the day, but it is a nice excuse to bake a totally unhealthy cake. I "celebrated"on Friday with the boy. We just hung out, ate cake that I had made, and then went out for dinner(In that order). And by went out I mean we walked outside, felt how cold it was, walked right back inside and ordered pizza and wings. I was a bit disappointed because were were going to get Korean, and I am in love with Korean food at the moment. I am REALLY in to it.

So that mani I wore that night wasn't the exact mani I started with. I decided I wanted to do some watercolor roses. Which turned out pretty fantastic(as you can see). Then I painted the rest of my nails red. Now I had these on overnight and it was bothering me that the red(Cult nails Quench), was a different shade of red. So the next day I HAD to take it off and I swapped it for  Sinful Colors Secret Admirer, which I thought worked way better! Then I added some rehinstones from the Born Pretty Store because faux gems make me happy. This is the third manicure in a row where I havent been happy with the first version.

Which version do you like best?




6 comments:

  1. Happy valentine's day! I don't celebrate it either, and haven't done any v-day manis this year.
    I like the red version better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - no celebration here either, it's a new tradition here - and I feel mostly for the benefit of the shops :D
    I like both manis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year I haven't done any real St. Valentine's Day manicure, maybe next year... :-) I like both manicures that you made :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the second mani better with the studs. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I love Frasier!! Sorry about your break, I love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually diggin' both of these manicures, but I totally know where you're coming from. I've done that too, looked at the colors/patterns/decorations on my finished product and gone "Gaaahhhh! It doesn't WORK!" Usually this is about when the man says, "I don't understand what's wrong, here." Then I have to explain in great detail something like your red not matching the roses problem. Takes a LOT of time.

    The roses DID turn out fantastic, by the way. They look smashing. :D

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...